100 mM Sodium Orthovanadate
Tyrosine Phosphatase Inhibitor
100x Solution for Lysis Buffers
1. Prepare a 100-mM-stock solution in water (1.839g in 100mL water or 0.92g in 50ml water)
2. Adjust the pH to 10.0 using either 1N NaOH or 1N HCl. The starting pH of the sodium orthovanadate solution may vary. At pH 10.0, the solution will be yellow.
3. Boil the solution on a stirring hotplate IN THE HOOD until it turns colorless (about 10 min).
4. Cool to room temperature.
5. Readjust the pH to 10.0 and repeat steps 3 and 4 until the solution remains colorless and the pH stabilizes at 10.0. You may need not need to repeat these steps if the solution is colorless and stable at pH 10.0 after the first boiling.
6. Store the activated sodium orthovanadate as 1-ml aliquots at −20íC.